Wednesday, September 16, 2015

This was the highlight of my day: Individual banana flowers.
This was also exciting this week. I had a Monstera fruit rot and pull apart in my hands last Friday. This week, I checked if there were any more rotting fruits. The one came off. Apparently these things are edible. They taste like a cross between a pineapple and a banana. They are ripe when those green things come off. This one was rotten on the other side, but not quite ripe enough to eat. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't delicious either.
This was the cactus that has been blooming for a long time. The flowers open and close diurnally.
When someone brought a plant in from outside, they also brought a caterpillar inside. This is a Polygonia interrogationis, or Question Mark butterfly.

And this is what it turned into. Apparently it tries to blend in with its background. In this case, it was a dark room. I think the silver points are meant to be eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment